Basic Boat Info
Engines / Speed
- Make: Universal/Kubota
- Model: M-18
- Drive Type: Direct
- Fuel: Diesel
- Engine Power: 18hp
- Type: Inboard
700 Mariner's Plaza Drive, Ste 707
Mandeville, Louisiana, US, 70448
- New Garmin 7" screen GPS and depth sounder, VHF, wind indicator top of mast, AM FM receiver and TV antennae.
- The boat broke from its mooring and was pushed against a low piling which pushed through the hull below the waterline mid-ship port side. In addition to the exterior hull damage, the engine was submerged and the interior bulkhead was damaged.
- The individual who acquired and over saw the restoration of the boat has more than 30 years experience as a boat owner and commercial shrimper who has maintained and repaired his boats. All repairs were done to original standards or better.
- The engine was pulled and heads brought to specifications, the block and pistons were assessed and found to be in very good condition, the motor was rewired and starter and alternator replaced, gauges were replaced.
- The bulk head that supports the mast was replaced to better than factory standards, NEW teak coming on the starboard side, NEW exterior and interior doors and cabin dining table. A NEW wind direction indicator was installed with VHF antennae and TV antennae.
- The Universal - Kabota M-18 ( 18 HP with operating manual on board) was installed in the mid-1980 with the Kabota tractor engine marinized by Universal. Kabota parts are readily available. The engine has less than 20 hours since being put back in service and runs very well. The shaft is stainless steel with a three blade bronze prop.
- Engine was fully serviced, filters oil and fuel and impeller, prior to boat being launched in April of 2018. Also replaced was engine wiring, bilge blower and bilge pump.
- New bimini over cockpit, new sail cover for main, life lines and teak combing around cockpit.
- Galley on starboard side, with ice box, propane stove/over and single sink.
- New fold down dinning table between port and starboard bench seats.
- Head with manual toilet, holding tank and pump out port (no overboard discharge) and interior shower hose.
- V-berth forward with bench seats for additional bunks.